July 14, 2015
Tips for Storing Your Clothing
Whether you are cleaning out your closets for extra space or you are moving, protecting your wardrobe is essential. Clothes can be fragile and storing them properly is a must. Here are some tips for storing your clothing to make it a worry free process for you.
- Wash or dry clean all clothing and jackets before storing. Dirt, oils, perfumes or stains on unclean clothing will attract many insects, especially in high temperatures.
- Store clothes in an airtight container or bin. Throw in some cedar wood blocks or lavender to keep moths and insects away from snacking on your clothes.
- Purchase any form of Damp-rid and place it in your storage unit. Damp-rid will keep humidity away from your belongings.
- Use appropriate hangers for heavier items like coats and ski pants. It’s important to have some solid hangers for your winter gear so that they won’t get damaged.
- Never store anything in the dry cleaning plastic it came in. The plastic traps a ton of moisture, which can cause fibers to dry out and can cause yellowing of fabric